The Artistic Difference

There is an art to photography and my fingerprint will be within every file I edit. No shortcuts. Passion for your work makes all the difference among photographers. I believe your love story can become art and should live forever.

My name is Jim Rode. My team and I create beautiful photography of your engagement and wedding. Each image will be lightly retouched and enhanced. I roam the wedding capturing fabulous moments. Many images are taken to the "darkroom" where the photographs are given my sensational fine-art treatment. My team of photographers and myself serve the greater Dallas and DFW area. I can travel nationwide for destination weddings.

Your wedding, my art. In love and art, you live forever. Jim Rode

Step inside my wedding website to see more - www.JimRode.com.

Jim Rode Photographer, is located at 2101 Cedar Springs Rd., Dallas Texas. By appointment Only.

Concierge 214-347-0548

Jim 817-781-7331

Jim@JimRode.com


Monday, February 14, 2011



I hate squash. I won't die if I ate it, but it is just about the last vegetable I'll reach for...except spaghetti squash. This is a magic vegetable that yields thin crunchy strands rather than the mush that regular squash gives you. And it can be seasoned wonderfully.

Here is how I do mine - and please excuse the iPhone images...it was handy. I microwave it about 3 minutes to soften it for the knife. When cut in half (be carefull) you'll spoon out the seeds and fiber.

Then I place a half in a pan with about an inch of water and microwave about 5 minutes (time may vary depending on squash size, and the microwave you use - the shell will soften when done). In the winter I'll use the oven...adds warmth to the kitchen, but in spring I turn to the microwave to get it done quick.

When the little bell goes off, I use a towel to hold the squash half (Start the other half and you'll be done in no time) and spoon out that wonderful "spaghetti." While it's hot, I'll add butter (big gob!), and brown sugar (couple spoonfuls). Final touch...a couple dashes of sea salt. Yum.

Special thanks to Brandon and Brandi of Bella Pop who encouraged me to start posting all that cooking I love to do!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I've just came to see you nice blog

    Have a nice Valentine's Day,,

    ReplyDelete