The Artistic Difference

There is an art to photography and my fingerprint will be within every file I edit. No shortcuts. Passion for your work makes all the difference among photographers. I believe your love story can become art and should live forever.

My name is Jim Rode. My team and I create beautiful photography of your engagement and wedding. Each image will be lightly retouched and enhanced. I roam the wedding capturing fabulous moments. Many images are taken to the "darkroom" where the photographs are given my sensational fine-art treatment. My team of photographers and myself serve the greater Dallas and DFW area. I can travel nationwide for destination weddings.

Your wedding, my art. In love and art, you live forever. Jim Rode

Step inside my wedding website to see more - www.JimRode.com.

Jim Rode Photographer, is located at 2101 Cedar Springs Rd., Dallas Texas. By appointment Only.

Concierge 214-347-0548

Jim 817-781-7331

Jim@JimRode.com


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Photographers are like coffee - from Jim Rode photographer Dallas



Coming Soon!


It's evening. Sylvia and I are returning from Oklahoma, driving back the dark roads of Northern Texas after a wonderful engagement safari. The beautiful drive earlier in the day with its green hills and blooming wildflowers has now turned into halftones lit by a 3/4 moon. These are those cool hours when your thoughts wander. We felt good. Sylvia had a good time (that makes me feel good!) I turn to ask her, "Describe Edith and Rudy in one word."
"Fun," she said pausing only briefly, "unpretentious, down-to-earth, in love."
I guess sometimes one word just doesn't fit!

In the coming days I'll be working the images and making them cool. I believe that when everyone you know sees your photograph...well...that is the "whole world."

Photographers are like coffee. There is a place in Arlington I go to once in a while for breakfast. Their coffee is Folger's, a buck and weak at that. Frank will slap down a mug... "It's coffee," he proclaims...never cracking a smile.

I prefer Starbucks. You've got to wait a few minutes, it costs $1.95 but Whoa Jackson! -that's real coffee. (Am I saving money at the other place...kind of...really I think I'm just throwing that buck away!) Anyway, I'm drifting. Photographers are like coffee. It is not much harder to buy the right beans and take some care in how you brew. It does take more time but the results bring a better day. Heck, that's just a cup of coffee -a great photograph lasts the rest of your life and beyond.

Here is the un-enhanced version of the same image. Click on the finished image above to see the larger version.



No comments:

Post a Comment