The Artistic Difference

There is an art to photography and my fingerprint will be within every file I edit. No shortcuts. Passion for your work makes all the difference among photographers. I believe your love story can become art and should live forever.

My name is Jim Rode. My team and I create beautiful photography of your engagement and wedding. Each image will be lightly retouched and enhanced. I roam the wedding capturing fabulous moments. Many images are taken to the "darkroom" where the photographs are given my sensational fine-art treatment. My team of photographers and myself serve the greater Dallas and DFW area. I can travel nationwide for destination weddings.

Your wedding, my art. In love and art, you live forever. Jim Rode

Step inside my wedding website to see more - www.JimRode.com.

Jim Rode Photographer, is located at 2101 Cedar Springs Rd., Dallas Texas. By appointment Only.

Concierge 214-347-0548

Jim 817-781-7331

Jim@JimRode.com


Saturday, January 02, 2010

Breakfast in the Twilight Zone - Jim Rode Photographer

Sylvia and I started the New Year off with a coffee semi-filled January 1 breakfast. Knowing our usual haunt was closed, we drove about 25 miles north, to the edge of dfw civilization. We stepped into a cafe entering the Twilight Zone. The place briefly went quiet as everyone turned to gaze. I felt like Chevy Chase in the Three Amigos movie entering the Mexican bar wearing the fancy Hollywood vaquero outfit with sombrero. We should have shown up in boots, or maybe it was my red shirt.

We waited a few for a waitress to bring a menu. "You from Dallas..." Yeah... sure.

In the background a lady droned on talking about how she was just going through the door...pronounced in two syllables -Door-er...when she heard the siren...pronounced Si-reeeene. No place but Texas. We were about to eat country.

Looking over the menu, I got excited seeing dollar coffee and chicken-fried steak breakfast...but then caught the spinach omelette. The last one I had was filled with shrimp, cream cheese and fresh leafy spinach -covered in hollandaise. Yum. I didn't realize that when these fine folks sat around and decided on the menu for the cafe, a spinach omelette simply sounded like the right thing to do.

My breakfast eggs came with spinach -from the can. Yep, Popeye and Olive Oil spinach. Tasted like it too. I was expecting spinach like in a spinach salad. And the mushrooms...from the can. I'm the master chef at my house. I love to cook. I know mushrooms from the can... Oh well, at $6.50 it was the most expensive breakfast there. I should have figured the relative "high" price was to discourage anyone from ordering it. It was just for show. If any cowboys or cowgirls were to order it...they have to reach for that can opener.

After finishing (yeah, I ate it...it tasted like eating dinner somehow), waiting for a coffee refill, the waitress asked if I'd like a to-go cup. I said "Yes," feeling very much like we were gently being reassured that stranger in these parts don't stick around long.

That was breakfast in the Twilight Zone. Greeting the new year...

No comments:

Post a Comment